Monday 2 January 2012

My 2011 - part the fourth

SOUNDTRACK TO 2011


Charlene Kaye - Oh, Howard!
He's quoting Clement Greenberg,
He's pacing the floor,
Each word comes out as sweet as vermouth


Horrible Histories - Dick Turpin
I became a Highwayman,
Was daylight robbery.
I was no Prince Charming,
Nothing dandy about me


Emmy the Great - A Woman, a Woman, a Century of Sleep
But I don't want to be
The queen
In a century of sleep


Freelance Whales - Generator (First Floor)
And in our native language,
We are chanting ancient songs



The Boy Least Likely To - When Life Gives Me Lemons I Make Lemonade
I got a bucket, filled it with raindrops,
Then I put in in the fridge.
So whenever the sun in shining,
I make rainbows out of it.
 

Stephen Sondheim - Not Getting Married (from Company)
Listen, everybody, look, I don't know what you're waiting for,
a wedding, what's a wedding, it's a prehistoric ritual
where everybody promises fidelity forever,
which is maybe the most horrifying word I ever heard of,
which is followed by a honeymoon, where suddenly he'll realize
he's saddled with a nut, and wanna kill me, which he should


Starkid - Granger Danger
Seems like my eyes have been transfigured
something deep inside has changed


Arcade Fire - Spawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
'Cause on the surface, the city lights shine,
They're calling at us - come and find your kind


Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way

I never want to hear you say
I want it that way




The Divine Comedy - Tonight, We Fly

And when we die,
Oh, will we be that disappointed or sad?
If heaven doesn's exist What will we have missed?
This life is the best we've ever had.


See also:
Top ten new TV shows of 2011
Top ten TV shows that were new to me in 2011
People of the year 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Sprawl II is on my list too! SO MANY FEELINGS ABOUT EVERYONE BUT MAINLY REGINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP, YOU ARE KILLING ME. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sophie - REGIIIIIIINE. Oh god, seeing that live was mindblowing, and every time I hear it I get all swoopy and giddy.

    @Emma - I WILL NEVER STOP <3

    ReplyDelete