Sunday 11 December 2011

THINGS

You know what is delightful? THINGS. THINGS are delightful. Here, have some THINGS that are delightful.


A PICTURE. Specifically, a picture of Noam Chomsky and Morris Halle, holding a picture of themselves taken in 1988, wherein they are holding a picture of themselves taken in 1951. LINGUISTCEPTION. (source)



A VIDEO. Specifically, a video of Michael Buble being sassy and ridiculous, and then adorable and hilarious as he sings with a 15-year-old kid from his audience. 'Holy shitballs, mom!' - BUBLE YOU CHARMING FUCKER.
Interviewer: If three spirits appeared before you on Christmas eve, what would they have to show you to change your beliefs?
Brian Cox: It's my view that the existence of ghosts would contravene the second law of thermodynamics. The principle of the conservation of energy, and the fact that entropy always increases; you'd be hard put to throw that away. You'd have to rip the book up; that's what it would imply if you saw a ghost. I would say, "I could not be any more surprised than I am by the fact that thermodynamics appears to be shit."
A QUOTE. Specifically, a quote from the magnificent Brian Cox, sciencey sex god and specimen of Northern excellence.

You know what else is delightful? An afternoon spent with tip-top humans making mince pies and extolling the virtues of hyperbole, and an evening spent exchanging crude and inappropriate Secret Santa gifts. I love ALL THESE THINGS.

Sorry, I'm jovial. Humour me.

1 comment:

  1. haHA I really love that clicking 'humans' goes to my website. it's such a weird site to embody all of humanity. i wouldn't even choose it as the first media to show aliens.

    ReplyDelete